Vintage office chairs are pieces of furniture that have aged more than twenty years. The designers are often well-known, and some of them are celebrities like Le Corbusier, Frank Lloyd Wright, and Charlotte Perriand.
These pieces have certificates that document their history and verify their authenticity. And naturally, they rarely come cheap. You can still recreate a vintage style on a budget by selecting furniture crafted along the same lines as classical pieces.
We rounded up some of the finest vintage office chairs currently in the market for you to select from. And to make the selection process as easy as possible, we added a whole segment on how to choose the right vintage chair for your office.
Read on all the way to the end to find out what’s our absolute favorite chair!
The Top 5 Vintage Office Chairs Reviewed
Vintage office chairs come from different historic times and geographic locations. Each style reveals societal, economic, and fashion influences.
This round-up includes samples from various times and places. So browse through them, until a vintage chair resonates with you and matches your tastes nicely.
The OSP Home Furnishing office chair is styled in the exact design of the nineteenth-century Banker Chair. Its wooden frame covers a stainless steel core, which means that you get looks, functionality, and strength.
The chair is adjustable in the two parameters that matter: height and back tilt. It’s made for home offices, rather than corporate spaces. And in truth, this is where it would make a real statement.
- Adjustable height from 17.5 to 22.5 inches
- Locking mechanism for back tilt
- Customizable tilt tension
- The base is covered with a warm wood finish
- Castors suitable for moving on carpets
- Full 360-degrees swivel action
- Suitable for home offices only
The Modway Regent chair has clean yet elegant lines. The button tufting adds visual interest right away, and you can always tell that it comes with a rich history. It’s a truly vintage-styled piece and the good news is that you can get it at an affordable price.
This chair is quite versatile. So, you can place it in your home office, corporate office, or even in a conference room. It also comes in four different colors, which would make style matching a breeze.
- Versatile usage
- Ergonomic lines
- Swivels 360 degrees
- Pneumatic height adjustment
- Rich foam padding
- Easy mobility on wood or carpet
- Comes in various colors
- The cushions flatten a bit with use
- The back support could be sturdier
The Christopher Knight office chair is fashioned after mid-century designs that marked the beginnings of the modern style. The fabric, color, and simple lines all convey the focus on comfort, both physical and visual.
This chair would look its best in a home office setting. It might be a little hard to match with a room rife with colors. However, placing it in a white, beige, navy, or cream setting would be a breeze.
- The brand is reputed for vintage-style chairs
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Adjustable height
- Rich upholstery
- Suitable for petite folks only
- The backrest isn’t adjustable
The Techni Moboili office chair is an accent piece designed for glam rather than heavy-duty work. It’s a decorative chair that you can use in almost any setting. What makes it even more versatile, is that it’s available in beige, blue, and purple.
You can easily adjust its height to your comfort level, and as you sit on it, you’ll find that its contours provide good support to your body. Thus, if your work doesn’t require you to sit on the desk for hours on end, the Techni Mobili vintage style chair would be a perfect choice.
- Adjustable height
- Compact and easy to move around
- Full swivel
- Versatile usage
- Comes in three colors
- Budget-friendly price
- Doesn’t have armrests
- Weight capacity around 180 pounds only
The Armen chair is styled along the fluid lines of mid-century modern furniture. It would blend easily with your contemporary settings while standing out as a work of art.
This chair can be used in residential or commercial offices, as it’s practical, functional, durable, and comfortable. It’s also moderately priced, which makes it quite a catch!
- Comfortable design
- Made from durable walnut wood and chrome
- Full 360-degree swivel
- Hydraulic mechanism for height adjustment
- Versatile usage
- Open lower back affects support for that area
- The wood and leather are prone to scratching
How to Choose the Right Vintage Office Chair
There’s a huge selection of vintage-style office chairs that you pick and choose from. But which one would truly match your settings, individual preferences, and work requirements.
You can use the following points as useful tips to find the right vintage office chair.
- If you like a specific era or geographic location, look for furniture that belongs to these times and places.
- The space of your office dictates the size of your chair. A roomy place would look balanced with a massive banker’s chair, while a tiny home office calls for a more mid-century compact chair.
- The color scheme of your office space is also an important factor. If you already have colorful surroundings, then look for a chair that’s all wood, or has a neutral color. The opposite is also true.
- The weight capacity and dimensions of vintage chairs vary significantly from one era to another. The classical chairs tend to be massive and large, while the Bauhaus or midcentury ones are often dainty little things.
- The fabric and upholstery of the chair could make maintaining it a breeze, or, it might need a special cleaning routine. You need to know that early on.
Vintage pieces add elegance, warmth, and interest to any space in your house. They easily take the center stage and become the full focus of attention.
Office chairs that harken to a past era can transform a regular setting right away. Proper choice of that piece of furniture to match the decoration of your office space is important. It would translate to visual pleasure and high functionality for years to come.
Our favorite vintage office chair is the OSP Home Furnishings Deluxe Wood Bankers Desk Chair. It’s unique, elegant, comfortable, and quite practical.