Desks that come with storage space are highly functional, practical, and space-efficient. They fit perfectly into any décor style and are a great addition to a home office or busy workspace.
You can use your multi-purpose desk for a variety of activities: working on your PC or laptop, studying, writing, gaming, drawing, or crafting, with maybe even a shelf to spare for a napping pet.
Those desks are very versatile, come in all shapes, sizes, and styles, and they’ll fit nicely in any room of your house or office.
Our Top 5 Picks for Desks With Storage
There’s a wide range of desks to choose from, often making the selection process a bit overwhelming. That’s why we’ll help you choose five of the best multi-purpose desks with storage, each with a different style to suit various needs.
Best Overall: Sauder Carson Forge Desk
This classic-looking desk is solid and neat, and it’s a perfect choice if you prefer to have your things close by yet hidden from view. Its timeless elegance makes it a good choice for people with classic tastes and seniors.
The Sauder Carson Forge Desk measures about 53” in length, 22” in width, and 30” in height.
It features three gliding drawers of different sizes with metal runners. The lowest deep drawer is equipped with file glides to hold letter-size hanging files. Plus, its engineered wood on the top and sides comes in an attractive Washington Cherry finish, with a nice sheen to it.
The US-manufactured desk is beautiful and heavy. It’ll require some assembly, but nothing that requires any power tools, and the instructions are clear.
- This desk is a “green” product made with environmentally responsible methods in mind.
- It offers excellent value for money.
- It’s sturdy, durable, and will fare well during moving.
- It may pose a bit of a challenge during assembly.
Best Budget-Friendly Option: Cubiker Computer Home Office Desk
If you’re in the market for a desk to fit a tight space, you may like this modern computer desk with its space-saving design. It offers plenty of space for your computer and printer, as well as decent counter space for writing.
Its top shelves are excellent for your monitor, or to hold small objects to keep your desk clutter-free. Meanwhile, the bottom bookshelf is perfect for your folders, books, and supplies.
This China-manufactured particle board desk with a metal frame comes in natural, rustic brown, dark rustic, espresso, black, and white colors. It measures about 47” in length, 23.5” in width, and 29.5” in height.
- The desk’s metal frame is sturdy, stable, and durable.
- Its interesting range of colors and shades suit many home décor styles.
- The built-in top shelf keeps the computer monitor at a good height for a healthy posture.
- There’s no hole at the back of the desk to pass cables and cords.
Best for a Busy Workplace: Tribesigns Double Computer Desk
The Tribesigns Double Computer Desk is a large, simply-designed, functional desk. It’ll be perfect in your kids’ classroom or homeschooling room. It’s also an excellent choice if you work in an office or a busy workplace, and have to share space with a coworker.
This desk offers three open storage shelves, with an extra printer shelf. It’s made of MDF water-proof boards supported by heavy-duty steel. It measures about 97” in length, 19.5” in width, and 29.5” in depth. On top of that, it comes in white, black, dark rustic, and French oak colors, making it a classy addition to any working room.
- The double workstation allows you and a partner to share workspace and resources.
- The center stand gives some privacy and a distraction-free space. It could be used for a printer or a TV if you’re placing the desk in a living room.
- Its steel frame and adjustable footpads make it stable and durable.
- Lining up the top boards with the screws and holes during assembly may be a bit of a challenge.
Best for Large Offices: CubiCubi L-Shaped Computer Desk
The CubiCubi L-Shaped Computer Desk is a modern, medium-sized, simply-designed desk. It’s large and suitable for multiple users since it has a spacious work surface. It’ll fit perfectly in a corner of your room or your home office. It features two-tier open shelves that provide good under-desk storage.
The desk measures about 59” in length, 47” in width, and 29.5” in height. It’s made of nicely-finished particle board supported by a sturdy metal frame, and it’s steady, durable, and functional. It comes in classy rustic brown, black/deep rustic, deep brown/black, and walnut/black to suit all tastes.
- Comes at a bargain price and offers excellent value for money.
- Comfortable to sit at since it offers lots of legroom.
- The L-shape is space-efficient.
- The desk may be somewhat difficult to assemble.
Best for Students: Coavas Computer Writing Desk
The Coavas Computer Writing Desk is a trendy, simple-looking writing desk that has an ergonomic, space-saving design. It’s sturdy with solid MDF panels and metal legs.
It comes in classy oak/white and walnut/black colors, and its sleek white design will make it a beautiful addition to your bedroom or home office. It’s also an excellent choice for your dorm room if you’re a student.
The desk comes in two sizes: 39.5” in length, 19.5” in width, and 29.5” in height, plus a slightly larger size: 21.5” in length, 47” in width, and 29.5” in height. It has five side storage shelves for books and other objects, and an open back for easy cable handling.
- The wood oak has a nice, smooth finish.
- The work surface is spacious and can fit up to two monitors.
- It’s very compact and space-efficient.
- There are too many nuts, screws, and bolts, making the assembly more complicated.
To Sum Up
We hope our favorite picks for desks with storage will help you make a good buy. We personally love the solid classic style of the Sauder Carson Forge Desk.
It has a timeless elegance, and its drawers offer good storage space, giving a less cluttered look. It’s sturdy, beautiful, chic, and will fit into any decor style. Additionally, it’s made with the environment in mind. All those factors make it a winner in our books.